I know that FIAT is recognised the world over as one the leading and famous car manufacturers and I am proud that we are acknowledged as specialists in servicing and maintaining their vehicles.
Here are some interesting facts about the company and their cars:
1. FIAT stands for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino and the company was founded in Turin in 1899 by a group of investors led by Giovanni Agnelli. The word ‘fiat’ also means ‘so be it’ in Latin and the company is still controlled by the Agnelli family today.
2. In 1910 FIAT started to expand into foreign markets. The year before it had opened its first production facility on American soil in New York. It was now that it also began exporting vehicles to profitable foreign markets such as Great Britain, France, Russia and Australia.
3. 1936 was a landmark year, as FIAT launched the legendary Fiat Topolino. Powered by a 0.6 litre 3 hp engine, this vehicle could reach a top speed of 85 km/h. It was the first mass produced car in Italy and over the years became the first car owned by many Italians.
4. In 1969 FIAT took control of another Italian car manufacturer, Lancia. Ten years later Autobianchi and Ferrari joined the fold. Since then they have acquired Alfa Romeo and Maserati and so now have a clear monopoly of the Italian car market.
5. The new Fiat 500 was presented to the public precisely 50 years after the arrival of the legendary Fiat Cinquecento.
Special Note: Cloverleaf Car Services sell genuine spare parts which are on average 50% cheaper than main dealer prices!